Inflammation is our bodies natural response to injury or stress. Short term inflammation promotes healing and is an important part of our immune system. Problems associated with inflammation develop when our bodies are in an inflammatory state for an extended period of time. Chronic inflammation puts our bodies in a constant state of stress and eventually weakens our immune system. Long term inflammation can lead to breakouts, joint pain, weight gain and even the development of chronic diseases.
The good news is that inflammation is something we can control through our diet. Food directly influences our bodies inflammatory state by promoting or reducing inflammation. Anti-Inflammatory foods, or what I like to call “healing foods”, reduce inflammation and boost our immune system. Pro-Inflammatory foods do the opposite, they promote inflammation.
The Glowing Green Bowls are full of flavor and anti-inflammatory foods that will promote healing within our bodies and naturally reduce inflammation, pain and breakouts!
Both of the bowls below use most of the same ingredients. I made the first bowl for dinner and used all of the remaining ingredients the next day for lunch… it was delicious!
Glowing Green Dinner Bowl
1 head Cauliflower
2 cups Brussel Sprouts, halved
2 cups Quinoa (uncooked)
4 cups Mixed Greens
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Pepper
2 tbs Olive Oil
1-2 tbs Green Goddess Dressing from Trader Joe’s
1. Preheat oven to 400 degreed F
2. Cut Brussel sprouts in half, place on baking sheet and season with salt, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil
3. Break cauliflower into bite size pieces, place on baking sheet and season with salt, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil
4. Roast vegetables in oven at 400 for about 15 minutes- I go a little longer because I like my Brussel sprouts crispy!
5. Cook 1 cup uncooked quinoa (provides ~2 cups cooked)- follow instructions on package
6. Slice fresh avocado and set aside
7. Assemble bowl: place mixed greens on the bottom and top with quinoa, roasted Brussel sprouts, roasted cauliflower and fresh avocado
8. Drizzle Trader Joe’s Green Goddess dressing on top
Glowing Green Lunch Bowl
1-2 cups Mixed Greens
1/2 cup Carrots, shredded
1/2 cup Quinoa, cooked
1/4 cup Cruciferous Vegetable Mix (kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, green & red cabbage)- I got mine from Trader Joe’s
1 Avocado, sliced
1-2 tbs Green Goddess Dressing
1. Place mixed greens in medium sized bowl
2. Mix in carrots, quinoa and cruciferous vegetable mix
3. Top with fresh avocado and Green Goddess Dressing